Licenses required to rent a motorcycle in Mallorca

Here we will briefly explain the requirements regarding the driving license
necessary to rent a motorcycle or scooter in Mallorca

Available models

In our rental shops in Mallorca, various models of rental motorcycles are available. From the cheapest and cheapest scooter to the most powerful and comfortable motorcycle you may need. We have models of the Vespa, Ducati, Moto Guzzi, BMW, Honda or Harley Davidson brands.

Requirements to rent a 125cc Scooter

In Mallorca and in general for all of Spain, you can drive a scooter of up to 125cc with any of the following driving licences:

  • With type B driving license for a car. It is very important to bear in mind that it must be issued since at least three years or more. If your car driving license is not that old, you cannot hire 125cc scooters in Mallorca.
  • Yes, we already know that in Germany it is not possible, or that in France it only takes two years. You must bear in mind that this is Spain and it is conducted with the rules here, not with those of the issuing country.
  • With a motorcycle driving license of classes A1, A2 or A.
  • The license AM for mopeds is not valid for a 125cc scooter. You can ride a 50cc scooter with it, or with a car driving license with no experience required. Vintage Motors doesn’t offer 50cc scooters.
  • If your license is from outside the European Union, you must accompany it with the international driving permit (IDP), which homologates the different types of driving licenses.
  • Finally, keep in mind that we require previous experience, as you can see in the last point of this section.

Requirements to rent motorbikes of more than 125cc

There are two requirements regarding the driving license depending on the power of the motorbike:

  • Motorbikes with an engine power of up to 35kW (47Cv): the specific driving license for class A2 or A motorbikes is required.
  • Motorbikes with a power greater than 35kW (47Cv): in this case, a class A motorbikes driving license is required.

Keep in mind that if your license is from the United Kingdom and has a type 79(3) restriction, even if you have a class A license, you will not be able to rent any type of motorbikes in Mallorca, since your driving license is restricted. to tricycles.

If your license is from outside the European Union, you must accompany it with the international driving permit (IDP), which homologates the different types of driving licences.

Finally, please note our motorbikes driving experience requirements as outlined below.

Do I need to have previous experience driving scooters or motorcycles?

If you want to rent a scooter or motorbike for your holidays in Mallorca, no matter what type of scooter or motorbike it is, you must have previous experience driving a similar scooter or motorbike.

At Vintage Motors we do not want anyone to have an accident, much less while on vacation, so it is better to avoid unnecessary risks. Mallorca is an island with considerable traffic in the more urban areas, especially in Palma.

  • If you have never driven a scooter or motorbike, it is better that you do it for the first time in a driving school.
  • If you think you have driven once in Bali or Phuket, we are sorry to tell you that it has nothing to do with driving a scooter or motorbike in Mallorca.
  • We do not recommend renting a motorbike with considerable power if you have not ridden a similar motorcycle for some years.
  • If you are not in the habit of driving a motorcycle, doing it in a different country adds a plus of danger. At Vintage Motors we want to do business, but the last thing we want is for anyone to endanger their physical integrity.